Discover the intriguing differences in pronunciation, vocabulary, and verb tenses between Spanish spoken in Latin America and Spain as we take you on a language journey, exploring regional variations that make each variant unique and valuable. Learn how embracing diverse accents and idioms enriches your language experience. Whether you’re a language enthusiast or a Spanish learner, this episode will broaden your understanding of the rich tapestry of the Spanish language.
- Uncover the distinctive pronunciation features that set apart Spanish in Latin America and Spain.
- Explore regional vocabulary differences, from “coche” to “carro” and “tarta” to “pastel.”
- Appreciate the cultural and historical factors that contributed to the development of unique expressions and idioms in each Spanish variant.
Relevant Links and Additional Resources:
- 010 – Español Mexicano vs Español de España | Mexican Spanish vs Spain Spanish with Notes in Spanish
- 116 – Conversaciones en Español con Alba | Conversations in Spanish with Alba
- 163 – Más Allá de la Siesta Entrevista con César | Beyond the Siesta with César
- 172 – El Paradigma del Expat Local Parte 1 | The Paradigm of the Local Expat Part 1
- 173 – El Paradigma del Expat Local Parte 2 | The Paradigm of the Local Expat Part 2
- Level up your Spanish with our Podcast Membership
- Get the full transcript of each episode so you don’t miss a word
- Listen to an extended breakdown section in English going over the most important words and phrases
- Test your comprehension with a multiple choice quiz
If you enjoy Learn Spanish and Go, please consider subscribing, rating, and reviewing our podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or Pandora. This helps us reach more listeners like you. ¡Hasta la próxima!