May hails from the state of Colima in Mexico and has decided to share the traditional drinks of her region with us!
Colima may be tiny, but it’s full of surprises. Learn about tuba, a drink made from palm trees that was brought over from the Philippines. Fun fact – it’s always best topped with peanuts!
Or tepache…a popular Mexican drink made from fermented pineapple rinds. Jim and May share how they made a pineapple flavored kombucha, which tasted just like homemade tepache!
There’s a drink for everyone here and hopefully you get a chance to taste each of them.
Check out the drinks in the video below, “Traditional Mexican Drinks You’ve Never Heard of Before.”
- “Traditional Drinks You’ve Never Heard of Before” Video
- Level up your Spanish with our Podcast Membership
- Get the full transcript of each episode so you don’t miss a word
- Listen to an extended breakdown section in English going over the most important words and phrases
- Test your comprehension with a multiple choice quiz