In this episode, Jim and May explain differences between Mexico and Puerto Rico that they have noticed after living in both places.
They go into detail about everything from cost of living, to the food and music, the differences in language, sports, and more!
After tuning in, find out what country to associate platáno, béisbol, and salsa with, versus masa, fútbol, and mariachi.
This week, Jim and May also discuss the necessary steps to travel to both places, the two economies and how it affects the population, as well as, exactly how much they have paid for bills. And really through this, you can see what sort of lifestyle you could afford in these places.
If you are interested in visiting or living in Mexico or Puerto Rico, go into even more depth about this topic by checking out the links below.
- Cost of Living in Puerto Rico
- Cost of Living in Mexico
- Mexican vs Puerto Rican Spanish
- Understanding Puerto Rican Spanish
- Level up your Spanish with our Podcast Membership
- Get the full transcript of each episode so you don’t miss a word
- Listen to an extended breakdown section in English going over the most important words and phrases
- Test your comprehension with a multiple choice quiz
Correction: El Yunque National Forest is a unit of the National Forest System, not the National Park System.