Making local friends can be the key to unlocking the true essence of a Spanish-speaking country. In this episode, we share personal stories and insights on the power of forging connections with locals. From the rich tapestry of cultural experiences to the profound understanding gained, this episode offers practical strategies for making friends abroad, such as language exchanges and community engagement. Join us as we inspire you to embrace the local community and nurture friendships that will enhance your journey in Spanish-speaking countries.
- The importance of making local friends for a deeper cultural immersion experience.
- Overcoming the challenge of seeking out people from your own country instead of connecting with locals.
- Strategies for making friends in Spanish-speaking countries and the rewards it brings.
Relevant Links and Additional Resources:
- 080 – La Ciudad Más Bonita de México con Laura Barrón | The Most Beautiful City in Mexico with Laura Barron
- 113 – Cómo nos Impactó Nicaragua | How Nicaragua Impacted Us
- 124 – El Español Ecuatoriano con Kevin | Ecuadorian Spanish with Kevin
- 166 – Expat vs Inmigrante | Expat vs. Immigrant
- Get 25% Off Trusted Housesitters
- Get $10 Off Worldpackers
- Enter code SPANISHANDGO at checkout
- Level up your Spanish with our Podcast Membership
- Get the full transcript of each episode so you don’t miss a word
- Listen to an extended breakdown section in English going over the most important words and phrases
- Test your comprehension with a multiple choice quiz
If you enjoy Learn Spanish and Go, please consider subscribing, rating, and reviewing our podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or Pandora. This helps us reach more listeners like you. ¡Hasta la próxima!